Harissa Chicken and Chickpea Stew
1 TBSP Olive oil
8 Chicken thighs, skin on, bone in (approx. 3 lb)
Salt & Pepper to taste (and a pinch of our Harissa Blend)
1 Small onion, finely chopped or grated
2-3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 TBSP Tomato paste
2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed
1/4 Cup Harissa paste (mix our Harissa Blend with olive oil to make a thick paste)
1/2 Cup Chicken stock
1/2 Cup Fresh flat leaf parsley
Lemon wedges for serving
Our Igredents needed: Harissa Blend
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Heat oil in skillet, season chicken with salt and pepper, brown chicken (in two batches), about 5 min each side.
3. Pour off all but about 1 TBSP of oil from the pan, add onion and garlic, cook until soft (approx. 3 min).
4. Add tomato paste and cook until this mixture begins to darken, then add chickpeas, Harissa paste, and broth, bring to a simmer.
5. Add chicken and transfer skillet to oven, cook 20-25 min.
6. Remove from oven, top with lemon wedges and fresh chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!